Should You Always Bet If You Have A Pocket Pair?
Pocket pairs are one of the first things that new poker players are taught to play. It’s easy to understand why: they’re easy to make and can be used by a wide range of players, from beginners to pros. But many players believe that pocket pairs should always be bet on, whether they’re in late position or not.
But while it’s true that pocket pairs tend to have more value than other hands, there are situations where betting with them can backfire—or even lose you money.
What You Need To Know About When To Bet With Your Pocket Pairs
Pocket pairs are one of the most common hands in Texas Hold’em, and they can be really powerful if you know how to play them right. But if you don’t know when to bet with your pocket pair, it can be tough to win. But when should you bet with them?
- When you have a pair of 10s or higher, it’s usually a good idea to go all-in as soon as possible. This will prevent other players from getting a good hold on their chips, which could put you at an even bigger disadvantage later on in the game.
- If your pocket pair is only about average (say, 8s or 9s), then it’s better to wait until after the flop before moving forward with any bets. This way other players won’t be able to see your hand so easily and will have less information about how much money they’ll need to pay out if they choose not to match your bets as well.
Pocket Pairs are a great way to get a good start in poker. They are very powerful, and they can help you win a lot of money. With pocket pairs you can enjoy the following benefits.
- They are easy to play with because you don’t have to worry about what your opponent has in his hand.
- They give you an advantage over other players in the game because it is hard for them to beat you if they don’t have anything in their hand that can beat yours.
- Pocket Pairs are very easy to win with because it is easy for you to make a straight or flush with these cards, which means that even if your opponent has a better hand than yours, he may not be able to win against you because of this reason alone!